Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
be a starter last year filling in for the injured MJD
Red Bulls Daniel Ricciardo has spoken of his frustration at not having anything close to a world title in Formula 1, after losing a second likely race victory in a row at the Monaco GP. NHL Jerseys China . The Australian, recognised as one of the sports most affable and talented drivers, cast a downbeat figure in the grand prixs aftermath after his hopes of winning F1s showpiece race for the first time unravelled when Red Bull botched his final pit stop.Ricciardo claimed his first career pole in Monaco, but has not won since three breakthrough victories in 2014. Sundays second-place finish was also just his third podium in the last 27 races. And, five years after making his F1 debut, Ricciardo feels he should have more to show for his career to date.Ive had my head held high all season, he told Sky Sports News HQ.Part of the frustrating thing is that I really do believe, and Ive believed it for a long time - I dont want to say it because its arrogant - but I believe a lot in my ability, lets just say that. And I should be getting more rewarded. Red Bull didnt have the tyres ready for Daniel Ricciardos second pit stop, allowing Lewis Hamilton to take the lead of the Monaco GP Im 27 very soon and I dont even have anything close to a world title and I believe I should have something like that very soon. Two weeks now, it could have been two wins and its not. Its getting a little bit long in the tooth.Although still regarded as a rising star of the sport, Ricciardo turns 27 on July 1 and is fast approaching 100 grands prix starts since his debut for now-defunct HRT in 2011. Daniel Ricciardos F1 stats Starts 94 Debut 2011 British GP (HRT, 19th) Wins 3 Poles 1 Podiums 11 Front-row starts 5 Fastest laps 5 Points versus team-mate 426 v 337 Championship best 3rd (2014) His Red Bull contract is thought to run to 2018, although speculation over the past year has suggested Ricciardo will be high on Ferraris shopping list when Kimi Raikkonen eventually leaves the team.After a troubled 2015 when Ricciardo only twice made the podium, Red Bull have staged a renaissance this season, although it was new 18-year-old team-mate Max Verstappen who ended their victory drought at Barcelona.And the pain of losing out in Monaco for Ricciardo has been heightened by the fact he knows the team are not yet ready to take on Mercedes on every type of circuit. Red Bull Motorsport advisor Dr Helmut Marko believes his team handed the Monaco GP to Mercedes I think I took Barcelona on the chin and then took it well but two in a row now, and its not like were in Mercedes position, were not able to win a race, so to have an opportunity to lead two races in a row and especially here in Monaco… he said in the post-race press conference.The F1 Gossip ColumnObviously a big part of it is relying on the team and the strategy but yeah, to get it wrong twice now it definitely hurts. Im not sure where to go from here, what to do. Obviously theyve got to understand whats going on and learn from it but this win Ill never get back, thats a fact. Also See: Ricciardo screwed by Red Bull Monaco GP driver ratings Get advance British GP tickets! Watch F1 on NOW TV Wholesale NHL Jerseys . -- Michael Phelps is 0 for 1 in his comeback to the pool. Clearance NHL Jerseys . This week they discuss the Philadelphia 76ers, Gregg Popovich, Royal and Ancient Golf Club and Bill Belichick. https://www.chinanhljerseys.us/ .com) - Nicklas Backstrom scored a pair of goals and Alex Ovechkin notched a highlight-reel tally, leading the Washington Capitals to a 4-0 victory over the New Jersey Devils on Saturday at the Prudential Center.Each week, TSN.ca Fantasy Editor Scott Cullen and NFL Editor Ben Fisher discuss three hot fantasy football topics. After a slow start to the season, is Robert Griffin III fully back? Where in QB rankings will hell finish the year? Cullen: Last week at Minnesota (281 passing yards, three touchdowns) provided RGIII with a season-high 27 fantasy points in TSN leagues, but its likely a case of taking advantage of a porous Vikings 29th-ranked pass defence, which he could very well do against Philadelphias 31st-ranked pass defence this week. In the previous two games, though, Griffin had a total of 13 fantasy points, with only one touchdown pass, so its too soon for me to say hes as good as ever.  Hes on the fringe of being a fantasy starter, ranking 12th in QB points this season and close enough that he could easily slide into the Top 10, maybe Top Eight by seasons end. Fisher: RGKnee is finally meeting the lofty preseason expectations of fantasy owners. Hes nearly a Top 10 QB in total points this season but just outside the Top 5 in the last four weeks. It took a little longer for Griffin to return to his rookie form but he appears to be there now. Even with Griffin altering his game to a more cautious one, the injury risk remains high with the sophomore playmaker. That said, Ill assume here he finishes the season healthy and ranks somewhere in the 5-10 range at his position at years end, exactly where a lot of preseason prognostications had him. As a fantasy owner, do you want Rashad Jennings or (a healthy) Darren McFadden starting at RB for the Raiders? Cullen: What Jennings has done really well, when given the opportunity is add yardage in the passing game to his overall totals, so in three games that he has had more than 20 touches, hes gained more than 100 yards from scrimmage. While McFadden has been an effective receiver in the past, hes hardly being used that way now, so his production hasnt been as strong. Strange as it is to say, Id go with Jennings until some team proves theyy can bottle him up. Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic. Fisher: Fantasy owners have long known that taking Darren McFadden in the draft also means you have to spend a late pick on his backup, this year of course being Jennings. Jennings has already paid for himself for the prudent fantasy owner filling in for the injured McFadden, and could prove even more valuable before the season is out. Jennings has simply been the better back all year in Oakland and head coach Dennis Allen confirmed this week what fantasy owners already knew – he deserves more carries even when McFadden returns from injury. The former Jacksonville Jaguar seemingly blew his chance to be a starter last year filling in for the injured MJD, but hes earned another shot this year with the Raiders. At this point a healthy McFadden would likely steal enough carries from the 28-year-old to render both RBs ineffective fantasy starters, but as we all know a healthy McFadden is rarely the case. Is Riley Cooper a legit WR1 with Nick Foles at QB, or just enjoying a hot streak? Cullen: It doesnt appear to be mere coincidence that Coopers game has taken off since Foles took over at quarterback, but WR1 is a lofty placement, especially considering DeSean Jackson already ranks among the top five wideouts in fantasy points per game (13.0) this season.  Coopers last two weeks have been monstrous (241 YDS, 5 TD, 54 fantasy points), but Id feel more comfortable with him in a WR2 or even Flex slot. Fisher: I struggled with this one. On one hand, a look at Riley Coopers targets suggest hes not a big enough part of the Eagles offence to rely on from week to week, but on the other hand the speedy 26-year-old is proving to be a playmaker, someone that makes the most of his (somewhat) opportunities. Cooper appears to have developed some nice chemistry with QB Nick Foles, but I like my WR1 to average a few more than five targets a game (just half the targets received by league leaders). For now Ill keep Cooper in the WR2 category. ' ' '