Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Indians had two baserunners in the first
NEW ORLEANS -- Anthony Davis is getting even better while the New Orleans Pelicans close out another difficult season. Stitched Packers Jerseys . Davis set career highs with 40 points and 21 rebounds, and Eric Gordon made two crucial free throws in overtime to lead the Pelicans to a 121-120 overtime victory over the Boston Celtics on Sunday night. "My teammates tell me that they feed off my energy and they want me to be great so I cant be timid and do what it takes to help my team win," said Davis, who also blocked three shots, making him the eight player in NBA history with at least 40 points, 20 rebounds and three blocks in a game. "Were trying to do a better job of making me comfortable down the stretch." Tyreke Evans added 26 points and Gordon had 19 for the Pelicans (27-39), who had lost two consecutive games. Gordons foul shots with 9.4 seconds remaining gave the Pelicans a 121-117 lead. "In overtime we did enough to squeak out a one-point win," Pelicans coach Monty Williams said. Jeff Green, who led Boston with 39 points, answered Gordons free throws in overtime with a three-point play that trimmed New Orleans lead to 121-120 with 5.7 seconds remaining. But the Celtics were unable to foul on the inbounds play and New Orleans ran out the clock. "At least we played with better poise at the end of regulation and overtime," said Celtics coach Brad Stevens, who blamed a defensive miscommunication for Boston not committing the late foul. "We gave ourselves a chance to win on the offensive end. Guys got a couple of stops, just not enough at the end." Davis did not score in overtime but controlled the middle by grabbing six rebounds. He became the first player in franchise history to have at least 40 points and 20 rebounds in a game. He is averaging 32.3 points in his last six games. His previous high for points was Friday night when he scored 36 in a loss against Portland. Davis 21 rebounds erased his previous career high of 19 against Orlando on Jan. 26. "I think he can do this 10 to 15 times a year just because he is so gifted and does things for the right reason," Williams said. "Obviously, he has great athletic ability but some of that stuff is just him. We try to put him in a position where he can be a dominant player." Green made three big free throws late in regulation, tying it at 110. Davis answered with a jumper for New Orleans, but Kris Humphries, who scored 16 points, sent the game into overtime on a long jumper from the right corner. "Thats a tough one to swallow," said Celtics forward Jared Sullinger, who scored 14 points. "(Humphries) hitting that big shot to send it into overtime, we thought we could win. In the end we came up short." Avery Bradley had 12 points for the Celtics, who lost their fourth consecutive game. Evans layup with 5:33 remaining in the fourth quarter gave the Pelicans a 102-89 lead. Boston then closed with a 23-10 surge to force the extra period. It was similar to the past two games when the Pelicans blew leads against Memphis and Portland. "We played defence in the fourth quarter and in overtime and got stops when we needed it," Davis said. "We came up with the rebounds and made free throws." The Celtics, who attempted to push the pace against the defence-minded Pelicans, closed the first half on a 17-8 run to take a 64-57 halftime lead. Boston scored 39 points in the second period. Green had 20 points at the break. He had a tying dunk with 4:11 left and a 3-pointer with 2:35 remaining, giving Boston a 54-49 lead. NOTES: The Pelicans finished 24 of 28 from the free-throw line, after making their only two foul shots in the first half. ... Davis was 12 of 12 from the line, and has not missed an attempt in his past three games. ... The Pelicans have won their past five games that have gone into overtime. ... New Orleans scored a season-high 70 points in the paint, and held Boston to 46. Green Bay Packers Pro Shop . The Philadelphia left fielder clubbed a tiebreaking, solo home run in the seventh inning, and the Phillies edged the Red Sox, 2-1, in the middle test of a three-game interleague series at Citizens Bank Park. Green Bay Packers Shirts . The 18-year-old centre was the Senators first-round pick (17th overall) in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. The six-foot 196-pound native of Salmon Arm, B. https://www.packersjerseysale.com/ . He even addressed his group of relievers Sunday morning. Dustin McGowan made those worries a nonfactor, at least for a day. McGowan pitched three-hit ball for seven innings, Colby Rasmus hit a grand slam and Melky Cabrera added a two-run homer as the Blue Jays beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 7-2.CLEVELAND -- Mark Buehrle has a simple explanation for his unbeaten record. "The slower you throw the better off you are," he said after pitching the Toronto Blue Jays to a 5-0 win over the Cleveland Indians on Saturday. Buehrle (4-0) pitched shutout ball into the eighth inning and lowered his ERA to 0.64 in four starts. The 34-year-old left-hander, who once pitched a perfect game, was pulled after giving up a single and walk to start the eighth. He allowed four hits overall, struck out three and walked three. "I havent changed anything in 10 or 11 years," he said. "Im not going to keep asking questions. Im going to go out there and run with it and see what happens." Jose Reyes hit an RBI single in his first game since opening day, when he strained his left hamstring in his first at-bat of the season and went on the disabled list. Corey Kluber (1-2) allowed five runs in 6 2-3 innings. Dioner Navarro drove in three runs. Run-scoring singles by Jose Bautista and Navarro in the first put Toronto ahead, which was more than enough for Buehrle against the struggling Indians, who have lost seven of nine. Navarro added a two-run single in the seventh that chased Kluber. Buehrle gave Torontos overworked bullpen a much-needed breather. The Blue Jays played a doubleheader Thursday in Minnesota and needed four relievers in Fridays 3-2 win over the Indians. "Hes good, thats all there is to it," said Toronto manager John Gibbons. Indians manager Terry Francona agreed. "Its not just today, its been his first four starts and probably for the majority of his career," Francona said. "He gets a lead and he kind of puts you in a rocking chair. Little fastball, cuts it in to keep you honest, expands the plate, takes something off of it, throws a lot of changeups. Well get a guy on, hell get you to roll over, hes really good at that." Cleveland didnt get a runner past second base and was shut out for the first time this season. Melky p;Cabrera, who had four hits Friday for Toronto, tripled with one out in the first as right fielder David Murphy crashed into the wall after a long run. Packers Jerseys 2021. Cabrera scored when Bautistas popup fell in shallow right field. First baseman Nick Swisher tried to make the catch with his back to home plate, but got twisted around and the wind-blown ball fell in for single. Following a passed ball by catcher Yan Gomes and a groundout that moved Bautista to third, Navarros groundball took a bad hop and glanced off Swishers chest for a hit. Reyes two-out single up the middle scored Brett Lawrie and gave Toronto a 3-0 lead in the second. "Im really happy just to be back, be with my teammates, see my guys again," Reyes said. "Im happy that Im going to be on the field and play and do what I love to do, just play baseball." The Indians had two baserunners in the first and second, but Buehrle worked around trouble both times. Murphys single and a walk to Mike Aviles finally ended his day, but Esmil Rogers struck out Asdrubal Cabrera and Swisher before Jason Kipnis flied out. NOTES: Reyes initially was injured during spring training, then got hurt on opening day. He rehabbed his leg in Florida and missed 16 games. He batted .296 last season for Toronto, but missed 66 games with a sprained left ankle. ... Santana was hitless in four at-bats is 3 for 40 in his last 10 games. ... Bautista has reached safely in all 18 games. ... Gomes has committed five errors and three passed balls in 16 games. ... Blue Jays DH Juan Francisco, whose contract was selected from Triple-A Buffalo earlier in the day when Adam Lind went on the disabled list with a sore back, had an infield hit in the fourth and walked in the sixth. ... Indians OF Michael Bourn, who is 1 for 13 in three games since returning from a hamstring injury, was given the day off. .. The series ends Sunday when Torontos Brandon Morrow (1-1) faces Carlos Carrasco (0-2). ' ' '