Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its a matter of them putting some
DENVER -- Maxime Talbot was simply looking to help kill a penalty. Air Force 1 Grey Cheap Outlet . That he scored a short-handed goal in the process, well, the Colorado Avalanche certainly wont argue. Talbot broke a second-period tie, and Semyon Varlamov stopped 27 shots to lead the Avalanche to a 4-2 win over the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday night. "Every time you get a goal on a PK its always huge," said Talbot, who has scored 16 short-handed goals. Tyson Barrie, Ryan OReilly and Matt Duchene also scored for the Avalanche, who bounced back from an 8-2 loss to the Oilers two weeks ago in Edmonton. That lopsided loss was on their mind. "We knew what happened last time when we played there. We came ready," Talbot said. Taylor Hall and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins had goals for the Oilers, who finished their road swing 0-4 and were outscored 14-4. They also were without Sam Gagner after he was ejected in the first period when he knocked down Paul Stastny with a stick to the face. That was a sensitive subject after the game. Oilers coach Dallas Eakins really didnt think Gagner did anything that warranted an ejection. "I thought it was by accident when that stick came up," Eakins said. "I thought you could see it immediately, when the guy went down, Gags was concerned. When you mean to do it, you skate away with a smirk on your face. "All I was looking for from the official was the explanation. ... Suddenly, everything changed after the Jumbotron showed it." Edmonton pulled goalie Devan Dubnyk for an extra skater with 1:53 remaining, but couldnt score the equalizer. Duchene added an empty-net goal with 1.1 seconds remaining. He also had two assists. Talbot scored the winner with 1:32 remaining in the second period with the Oilers on the power play. Edmonton turned over the puck, Marc-Andre Cliche carried it up the ice, and then fed it to Talbot, who slid a backhanded shot past Dubnyk. "The short-handed goal, its frustrating," Eakins said. "Youve been waiting the whole game for a power play. The power play not only goes out and gives them a 2-on-1, the next unit goes out and gives them a breakaway. The whole bench is shaking their head. Its disgusting." Varlamov made it hold up throughout the third period, and in the process vanquished some demons against Edmonton after being rocked for eight goals on Dec. 5 at Rexall Place. "Oh yeah. It was a nightmare, especially for me," Varlamov said of his last encounter with the Oilers. Edmonton took a 2-1 lead at 12:10 of the second period when Nugent-Hopkins sent a wrist shot past Varlamov. It didnt last long as OReilly tied it by tapping in a pass from rookie Nathan MacKinnon. Duchene also had an assist on the play, his second of the night. He has 10 points (four goals, six assists) in five games. Asked before the game about his recent scoring spree, Duchene shrugged and said, "I just got back to doing what I was doing before I got hurt." Duchene missed a few games with an oblique injury in late November and then had a virus that zapped his strength. He finally feels back at full strength, he said. "When it goes in, it goes in," Duchene said. "When it doesnt, it doesnt, and thats hockey. You just want to keep it going." Barrie scored on a 5-on-3 power play early in the second period, courtesy of Gagners crosscheck and an unsportsmanlike penalty against Hall. Gagner and Stastny were battling after a faceoff when Gagner used both hands to shove his stick into Stastnys face. Stastny stayed down on the ice for a moment before heading over to the bench, where the trainers appeared to examine his nose. Gagner was assessed a major penalty and sent to the locker room. Hall drew an unsportsmanlike penalty at the end of the period. "Taylor Hall did not say one thing to that referee," Eakins said. "Another player said it that was going down the hallway, and it was nothing terrible. "To light up a guy, to put you down 5-on-3, I came out at the start of the period, after a cooling off period, as were supposed to do as coaches, and was basically told by the ref to ... I cant say what he said to me. Just looking for simple explanations but couldnt get them." NOTES: Oilers D Corey Potter finished his two-game suspension for boarding Anaheim F Nick Bonino over the weekend. He is eligible to play Saturday against St. Louis. ... Hall and Nugent-Hopkins each had a goal and an assist. Air Force 1 Low Sale . Bozak and Clarkson suffered the injuries in pre-training camp workouts, according to Carlyle, who said they made "small amounts of improvement" from Friday to Saturday. After the players were deemed less than 100 per cent by doctors after Thursdays medical testing, the Leafs held them out of on-ice testing and are being cautious. Air Force 1 Green Store .com) - Charlie Davies netted a pair of goals, including the series-winner on Saturday, as the New England Revolution battled the New York Red Bulls to a 2-2 draw in the second leg of the Eastern Conference Championship at Gillette Stadium and advanced to MLS Cup final via a thrilling 4-3 aggregate victory. http://www.airforce1storesale.com/fake-a...utlet.html . In the days leading up to the draft, TSN.ca and TSN Radio basketball analyst Duane Watson looks at some of the names that will be headlining the event. Watch the 2014 NBA Draft on TSN, Thursday at 7pm et/4pm pt.SUNRISE, Fla. - Craig Anderson and the Ottawa Senators put together a strong defensive performance on the road — even if hardly anyone was there to see it.Anderson made 30 saves, Clarke MacArthur scored a power-play goal and Ottawa beat winless Florida 1-0 Monday night in front of the smallest crowd in Panthers history.MacArthur raced up the middle of the ice past two Florida defenders and sent a backhander past Roberto Luongo at 15:34 of the second period for Ottawas second power-play goal in 14 opportunities this season.It was the first goal this season for MacArthur, who was assisted by Kyle Turris and Erik Karlsson.Turry made a great play and gave me the breakaway, MacArthur said. Its a tough little pass to make and I was able to open him up and get him through. It was nice to get one.That lone goal was enough for Anderson, who earned his 27th career shutout to help the Senators finish 2-1 on their season-opening road trip.We played composed, we played solid, we played patient, said Anderson, who improved to 11-2-1 against his former team. We didnt force plays. Our breakout passes were tape to tape.Ottawa coach Paul MacLean was pleased with his clubs effort, especially considering it has yet to hit home ice at the Canadian Tire Centre.I thought it was a good game to give us some momentum going home, MacLean said. All in all, it was a good, solid effort by our group and something that we can build on.The announced crowd of 7,311 — it appeared much smaller — in Floridas second home game of the season broke the previous franchise low of 10,063 against Carolina on Oct. 31, 2007.Attendance has dwindled in recent years as the Panthers have struggled on the ice. In 2010, the team reduced seating capacity for hockey from 19,250 to 17,040 with many top rows covered. This season, curtains were added to the west end zone in the upper deck to further reduce capacity by several thousand.I ddont pay attention when Im playing, Luongo said when asked about the lack of fan support. Air Force 1 Online Store. . I focus on my job. If we want to get some people in the stands we have to start winning some hockey games.Anderson, a backup with the Panthers for several seasons, knows what it will take for attendance figures to improve.This city seems to need wins, whether its football, baseball, basketball. You need to win games to get fans in the building, Anderson said. Its a matter of them putting some wins together and getting the fan base to come back.Florida has yet to win a game this season, including the preseason. The team has managed one point in three games, with that coming in a 3-2 overtime setback at Tampa Bay on opening night.Luongo, who turned back 22 shots, took his first loss in his past 10 games against Ottawa. He was last beaten by the Senators on Dec. 5, 2005.The boys battled hard tonight, Luongo said. I think were getting better as the games go by. Just want to get that first one out of the way.Florida (0-2-1) has scored only three goals this season. The Panthers lost 5-1 to New Jersey on Saturday.The Panthers had their best scoring chance late in the first period when Brad Boyes raced in alone against Anderson but lost control of the puck.Florida coach Gerard Gallant is still looking for his first win in his first season with the Panthers.We played a good, hard game, lots of good scoring opportunities, but a 1-0 game is a tough game to lose, he said. When (Anderson) plays well and youve got no luck, things dont go in the net ... you just have to keep grinding it out.NOTES: The Panthers are off to their worst start in seven years. Florida last opened a season with three consecutive losses in 2007-08. ... Florida has allowed six power-play goals on 18 short-handed situations. ... Karlsson got his third assist to go with four goals in nine games at Florida. ' ' '