Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
his playing career ends.
(SportsNetwork. Nmds Norge .com) - The San Antonio Spurs look to add to the misery of the Utah Jazz when the two clubs collide Tuesday in Salt Lake City. The Jazz have lost nine straight and went 0-4 against the Spurs last season. The two Western Conference foes will meet again on Jan. 18 and Feb. 23, while San Antonio is unbeaten in the past five games in this series and 12-2 in the last 14 meetings. San Antonio has won two straight and five of the last seven trips to Utah. Tony Parker averaged 20.0 points and 7.3 assists against the Jazz last season and Tim Duncan posted 16.8 points and 8.8 rebounds. Derrick Favors paced the Jazz with 18.3 points and 11.8 boards. The Spurs pushed their record to 15-5 this season after Saturdays 123-101 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves and were led by Marco Belinellis 20 points off the bench. Kawhi Leonard and Cory Joseph scored 18 points apiece and Boris Diaw netted 17 in a reserve role. Everything was clicking, Spurs guard Danny Green said. We moved the ball well. San Antonio shot 57.3 percent from the floor and were without Parker (hamstring) and top bench player Manu Ginobili (shoulder). Parker, who leads the team in points (16.6) and assists (5.5), is expected to sit another game and Ginobili is questionable. Ginobili is posting 11.9 ppg. The Spurs are second in opponents scoring (94.0 ppg) and 8-4 outside the Alamo City, where theyll play two straight versus New York and Los Angeles (Lakers) next. Utah has two tough games at home versus the Spurs and Miami Heat before heading east for six games against Washington, New Orleans, Miami, Orlando, Charlotte and Memphis. The Jazz are winless in the past six at home and 3-8 overall at EnergySolutions Arena. In Mondays 101-92 loss at Sacramento, Gordon Hayward scored 19 points, Alec Burks netted 16 and both Enes Kanter and Trey Burke scored 13 points for Utah, which gave up 30-plus points in the second and fourth quarters and made 40.5 percent for the game. They made some plays and made some shots, but we werent able to make the same plays offensively that they were making, Jazz head coach Quin Snyder said. Snyder is 5-16 in his first season as head coach. The Jazz havent lost nine in a row since March 4-19, 2005 and dropped a franchise record 18 straight games from Feb. 24-March 29, 1982. Billig Nmd Sko . An offseason trade acquisition from Kansas City, Greinkes National League debut was delayed by a non-baseball injury in the spring, and he was 0-1 after dropping an 8-0 decision at Atlanta in his initial appearance with the Brewers on May 4. Nmd Sko Salg . The redshirt freshman finished the regular season with nearly 3,500 passing yards, and 35 touchdowns with another three on the ground while leading the Seminoles to the top of the BCS Rankings. http://www.nmdnorgesalg.com/ .com) - Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson lost an appeal to have his indefinite suspension overturned, the NFL announced Friday. LONDON -- Less than a year after pushing to leave Manchester United, Wayne Rooney committed his long-term future to the struggling Premier League champion on Friday by signing a lucrative contract through June 2019. The 28-year-old forwards future at United has been uncertain since Chelsea tried to sign him last year, and he had only 18 months remaining on his current deal. But Rooney now looks set to end his playing career at the club he has been at since 2004 after signing a contract reportedly worth around 300,000 pounds ($500,000) a week. The deal makes Rooney the leagues top earner, and softens the blow of potentially not playing against Europes elite clubs next season. In the first season since David Moyes replaced Alex Ferguson, United is seventh in the league with 12 matches remaining, 11 points from Englands fourth Champions League berth. "Its not a massive concern for me," Rooney said on his personal website. "This is because I know the direction that this club is going in, and if we dont make it this season then we will come back stronger and claim a Champions League spot next season. "Lets not forget we still have a chance this year. Some of the other teams are playing well, but we have a strong squad here and if we have a positive end to the season then who knows what can happen." The England national team star has been at United almost a decade, since leaving an Everton team then managed by Moyes. In 403 United appearances, Rooney has scored 208 goals, putting him fourth on the clubs career list, 41 behind record-holder Bobby Charlton. "Wayne has been the best player in England since I put him into the Everton first team in 2003," Moyes said. Nmd_r2 Sko Norge. . "Since becoming United manager in July last year, I have enjoyed working with him and seeing just how he has developed his incredible talent. As part of the new contract, Rooney will become a club ambassador when his playing career ends. He already is central to the clubs global marketing operation as one of the teams most high-profile players. "Ive been here since I was 18 and this contract will take me through to my 30s, which is almost my entire professional career," Rooney said. "Ive played most of my best football here and am looking forward to hopefully playing even better football in the next few years." Moyes is delighted to have prevented Rooney from joining a rival. "Everyone would want him in their team," Moyes said. "There were clubs who did want him. There were clubs who would have wanted him, but there was never going to be a chance he was going to leave Manchester United, certainly not on my watch." Convincing Rooney to stay, having already broken the clubs transfer record to sign midfielder Juan Mata last month, should help Moyes persuade other players to join as he looks to strengthen the squad. "Part of the rebuilding is making sure that you keep the players you really want to keep," Moyes said. "We are looking to bring the best players in the world to the club. I think Wayne Rooney is one of them. I will be looking to make more signings in the summer and hopefully add to the quality we already have got." ' ' '