Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flurry cut into that gap and the Pistons didnt
NEWARK, N. Air Force 1 White Store Sale .J. -- Martin Brodeur has been the masked face of the New Jersey Devils for 20 years. But on the eve of the NHL trade deadline, both the goalie and the only team he has played for are contemplating an uncertain future. "I dont know," Brodeur said about the possibility of being traded following a 20-save effort in a 4-3 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night that could have marked his final game with New Jersey. "I had some good conversations with Lou (Devils president and general manager Lou Lamoriello) about what I want to do for the rest of the year and maybe next year. From there you know its up to him to make the decision that he wants. He knows exactly where I stand." Stephen Gionta scored the tiebreaking goal with under 37 seconds left to lift New Jersey to victory. Adam Henrique, Marek Zidlicky, and Travis Zajac also had goals for the Devils (27-23-13), who closed within one point of Detroit (28-21-12). "Thats a game we cant lose," Devils coach Pete DeBoer said. "I would have taken (a win any way). Winning in regulation was huge." Johan Franzen, Brendan Smith and Todd Bertuzzi scored for the Red Wings against Brodeur, who has been the subject of trade rumours leading up to Wednesdays deadline. "Well see whats going to happen," said Brodeur, who has a no-trade clause and stated he wasnt asked to waive it. Gionta put the Devils ahead for good when he tipped Mark Faynes point shot past Jimmy Howard for the winning goal. "Its always nice scoring goals, especially one that can help out the team in a big way," Gionta said. Howard finished with 25 saves. "Its not what we wanted to see happen here," Howard said. "To let one slip away is frustrating." Zajac snapped a 2-2 tie with his 10th of the season 6:30 into the third period. Ryane Clowe forced a turnover in the defensive zone with a hit, and Zajac and Jaromir Jagr quickly moved the puck up ice. But the lead lasted for only 3:13 when Bertuzzi tied it with a power-play goal. Henrique opened the scoring 27 seconds into the game when his shot pinballed in off of the sprawled Howard. Franzen tied it for Detroit 11 minutes later with his 13th goal during a power play. Franzen stole the puck from forward Dainius Zubrus in the left circle and manoeuvred along the goal line before snapping a quick shot past Brodeur. Detroit went ahead 2-1 on Smiths second of the season 7:03 into the second period, but Zidlicky got New Jersey even on a power play 42 seconds into the third. The Red Wings were 2 for 4 on the advantage. New Jersey went 1 for 3. Devils fans chanted Brodeurs name during the national anthem and throughout the game. "It was great," Brodeur said. "I didnt expect that. I think (reporters) did a good job to kind of create maybe a sellout for the Devils. But definitely it was nice that the fans reacted like that. "I havent played since Jan. 7 here in this building. Its been a while so I was happy to get back in here and play well enough to win." The 41-year-old goalie is the NHLs career leader in wins, minutes played, games played, losses and shutouts. He has been awarded the Vezina Trophy as the leagues top goalie four times and is a three-time Stanley Cup champion while playing his entire career with the Devils. "I use consummate pro. "You never see any breaks," DeBoer said of Brodeur, who is in the final year of a two-year, $9 million contract, and has lost playing time to Cory Schneider. "I hope they dont trade him," said Babcock, who coached Brodeur on the 2010 Canadian Olympic team that won gold. "A decorated athlete like him ... I hope he stays a New Jersey Devil." NOTES: The teams will complete their three-game season series on March 7 in Detroit. ... Devils alumni will play a select group of Russian legends in a charity game on Wednesday at Prudential Center to raise funds for a New Jersey high school hockey player who sustained a broken neck in a game on Jan. 4. ... Jagrs assist on Zajacs goal gave him 1,041 in his career, passing Hall of Famer Marcel Dionne for ninth on the NHL career list. Air Force 1 Online Store . -- Blake Griffin scored 32 points and grabbed eight rebounds, DeAndre Jordan had 14 points and 22 rebounds and the Los Angeles Clippers outlasted the Golden State Warriors 98-96 on Thursday night to take a 2-1 lead in their first-round series. Air Force 1 Off White Cheap . It was a move of some time in the making. “He hasnt thrown well, clearly some guys are being used more than him right now and the only way to get out of this funk is to pitch,” said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. http://www.airforce1storesale.com/fake-a...utlet.html . -- Gary Harris gave No.OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Detroit Pistons had Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. The Oklahoma City Thunder had Kevin Durant. Even on a career night for Caldwell-Pope, advantage Oklahoma City. Durant scored 42 points, including 21 in the fourth quarter, and the Thunder secured the No. 2 playoff seed in the Western Conference, rallying from 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to beat the Pistons 112-111 Wednesday night. Oklahoma City (59-23) had lost two straight to put itself in the must-win situation in the regular-season finale to earn the No. 2 seed. Durant rallied the Thunder while recording his 14th 40-point game of the season. He drove for the go-ahead dunk with 16.5 seconds left and won a tip over Greg Monroe with 1.8 seconds to go after a scramble for a loose ball resulted in a jump ball in Detroits end. Detroits Brandon Jennings could only manage a 30-foot heave at the buzzer that banged off the rim. "We just figured it out," Durant said. "We got it done. It wasnt the best game. We didnt play well defensively. We didnt shoot the ball well offensively. But theres something about just getting it done, having that willpower, having that fight in you, no matter what. It was a tough game, we persevered and we got a good win." The Thunder extended their winning streak over Detroit (29-53) to nine games, dating to December 2008. Caldwell-Pope scored 30 points for the Pistons (29-53), while Monroe had 22, Kyle Singler added 20 and Andre Drummond recorded his ninth straight double-double to end the season for Detroit, finishing with 22 points and 13 rebounds. "Our guys played their hearts out, competed from the opening tip," Detroit coach John Loyer said. "I feel terrible for them because they deserved to win the game. They did anything we asked them to do tonight. Some guys stepped up and made some incredible shots and they put together 48 minutes of as good of basketball as we can play." Russell Westbrook added 22 points for Oklahoma City, which will play Memphis in the first round of the playoffs. It was the ability of Westbrook, and especially Durant, to attack the rim in the fourth quarter that made the difference. Durants fourth quarter left Loyer almost speechless. "Hes one of thee top one or two players in the world," Loyer said. Air Force 1 Green Store. "Thats what he did." For much of Wednesday, the Thunder looked and played like a tired team. Oklahoma Citys late-season defensive issues were on full display, as the Pistons shot 50.6 per cent from the field and Caldwell-Pope joined other non-marquee players such as Jodie Meeks (Los Angeles Lakers), Gerald Green (Phoenix Suns) and Tyreke Evans (New Orleans Pelicans) in enjoying a career night against the Thunder. Oklahoma City trailed for most of the first half before taking a one-point lead twice in the third quarter. Detroit went on a 15-7 run and took an 87-79 lead on a basket by Jonas Jerebko with 5 seconds left in the quarter. Detroit led 94-84 with 10:13 left in the game after a basket by Monroe. But Durants offensive flurry cut into that gap and the Pistons didnt score a basket in the final 3:17 or at all after Jennings hit two of three free throws with 2:07 left. On the Pistons final possession, the ball found its way to Jerebko, but he lost the handle as Thunder players slapped at the ball and officials ended up calling a tie ball. Caldwell-Pope hit four 3-pointers in the first half -- making one over the outstretched arm of the 6-foot-10 Durant -- and eclipsed his previous career high of 15 points by the 5:27 mark of the second quarter. His next basket put the Pistons ahead 48-37 with 4:52 left in the first half and hushed the crowd at Chesapeake Energy Arena. Durant, who was 2 of 8 from the field to that point, hit two free throws, then drained a 3-pointer to start a 17-7 run by Oklahoma City. Westbrook scored seven points in the final 2:41 and Durant drained an 18-foot jumper in the final second to pull the Thunder within 55-54. NOTES: Drummond set the Pistons record for highest field-goal percentage in a season, finishing at 62.3 per cent. Dennis Rodman had held the previous team record of 59.5 per cent, set during the 1988-89 season. ... Kendrick Perkins was called for a technical foul by official Tony Brothers with 8:01 left in the third quarter when he protested after picking up his fifth foul. ... The Thunder recorded their 130th straight regular-season sellout at Chesapeake Energy Arena, which seats 18,203 fans. ' ' '