Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryant passed Michael Jordan for third on the NBAs
KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. Wholesale Penguins Jerseys . - Even with his surgically repaired back still nowhere near perfect, defending champion Andy Murray needed only 73 minutes to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-4, 6-1 at the Sony Open on Tuesday and set up a quarterfinal with Novak Djokovic. "My game is getting there," said Murray, the No. 6 seed, who acknowledged he was dealing with a sore back. "The last six sets Ive played, very high-level tennis, very few errors." Hell need to keep it that way against Djokovic, who eased past Tommy Robredo 6-3, 7-5. The second-seeded Djokovic even gave back a point in the second set. A groundstroke from Robredo clipped the baseline and Djokovic couldnt handle it, but the ball was erroneously called out. After a review showed the ball was in, the point was ordered to be replayed. Djokovic shouted "Its OK, its OK" as the fans applauded his sportsmanship. "For me, its something that is part of the sport, fair play," Djokovic said. "I expect everybody else to do the same. Of course, not everybodys the same, but for me, thats something thats normal. Just a normal, natural reaction." Top-seeded Rafael Nadal downed 14th-seeded Fabio Fognini 6-2, 6-2. Nadal has dropped a total of nine games in six sets so far in this tournament. Singles players with a combined 66 Grand Slam victories were in action Tuesday, including Roger Federer — a winner of 17 of them himself. And he looked very much like the Federer of old, needing only 49 minutes to beat ninth-seeded Richard Gasquet 6-1, 6-2. "Look, things went well out on the court today," Federer said, clearly understating matters. Federer, the No. 5 seed, had 25 winners to Gasquets eight, converted five of his six break chances and won 92 per cent of his first-serve points in the second set. Next up for Federer is 20th-seeded Kei Nishikori, who upset No. 4 David Ferrer 7-6 (7), 2-6, 7-6 (9). Ferrer had beaten Nishikori in the same round at Key Biscayne a year ago, their most recent meeting before Tuesday. No. 22 Alexandr Dolgopolov of the Ukraine also pulled off an upset, topping third-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka 6-4, 3-6, 6-1 to reach the quarterfinals. The last American in the mens draw was ousted when 10th-seeded John Isner lost to No. 7 seed Tomas Berdych 6-3, 7-5. On the womens side, Maria Sharapova rallied from a break down in the first set to oust Petra Kvitova 7-5, 6-1 and earn a spot in the semifinals. Shes been a finalist at Key Biscayne five times, but never the champion. "I love the energy here," she said. The fourth-seeded Sharapova, who needed three-setters to get through her two most recent matches at Key Biscayne, feasted on 30 unforced errors by the eighth-seeded Kvitova. Sharapova won 11 of the final 13 games and moved into a semifinal matchup with Serena Williams, the defending champion who won 62 of 100 points in her 6-2, 6-2 romp over fifth-seeded Angelique Kerber. Williams broke Kerber twice in each set, faced only one break point and held a more than 2-to-1 advantage in winners. "When youre playing champions, you like to play your best," Williams said. "She always gives me her best. ... I love playing her. I really do. It doesnt matter what surface. Shes one of my favourite people to play." Sharapova said she was eager to face Williams again. "Its no secret that shes been a big challenge of mine, an opponent that obviously I would love to beat," Sharapova said. Also, former No. 1 Martina Hingis teamed with Sabine Lisicki to reach the doubles quarterfinals. And foot and vehicle traffic outside the tennis centre was briefly halted during the night session when a suspicious backpack was found near the main gate, but Miami-Dade police responded and quickly determined there was no threat. Stitched Penguins Jerseys . Tyutin has missed the last nine games with an ankle injury which occurred while playing for Russia at the Olympics. The top-two defenceman has four goals and 20 assists, 30 penalty minutes and a plus-6 rating in 53 games with Columbus this season. Penguins Jerseys 2019 . "Im not even that added up," the 39-year-old Australian replied. And to the Hall of Famers surprise, when all the math was done Sunday in the JTBC Founders Cup, she was the one posing for pictures with the big trophy. https://www.cheappenguinsjersey.com/ .Y. -- The Montreal Canadiens have had few reasons to celebrate this season as they have been mired near the basement of the Eastern Conference.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Washington Wizards are arguably the top team in the Eastern Conference and have been even more impressive at home. The Wizards will try to stay on track Tuesday in the finale of a three-game homestand versus the Minnesota Timberwolves. Washington has the second-best record in the East at 17-6 and the Toronto Raptors are slightly ahead at 19-6. The Wizards have won seven in a row at home and four straight overall, including Sundays 93-84 win over the Utah Jazz. Bradley Beal scored 22 points, John Wall had 16, eight assists, six rebounds and five steals, and Paul Pierce ended with 15 points in the win. The Wizards shot 48.7 percent and scored 25 points off 17 Utah turnovers. They also held the Jazz to 16 points in the third quarter (30-16) and improved to 14-0 when keeping opponents under 100 points. We didnt play our (style of) basketball in the first half, Wizards center Marcin Gortat said. We were patient (in the second half) and started playing better. The Wizards pushed their home record to 12-2 and are 8-1 in the past nine games. The 17-6 start is the best since an identical beginning to the 1968-69 - 1974-75 seasons. The last time Washington was 12 games over .500 was at the end of the 1978-79 campaign (54-28). Wall and Beal have carried the Wizards so far and the latter is averaging 18.5 points in his last four games. Wall leads the Wizards with 17.7 ppg and the team is one of the toughest on defense, allowing 96.6 points. The Wizards, who willl visit Miami on Friday, are averaging 103. Fake Penguins Jerseys. 9 points at home and holding opponents to a 95.6 ppg clip in 14 games at the Verizon Center. Minnesota will be on the road the next two games against Washington and Boston, and went 1-3 on a recent homestand. The Timberwolves lost their second straight game and eighth in nine tries with Sundays 100-94 setback to Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers. Bryant passed Michael Jordan for third on the NBAs all-time scoring list and finished with 26 points, including the go-ahead 3-pointer in the final minute. Shabazz Muhammad scored a game-high 28 points and rookie Andrew Wiggins registered 16 points for the T-wolves, who made 42.2 percent of their shots and just 3-of-10 3-pointers. Minnesota trailed by 10 at 64-54 and later evened the score at 73-73 early in the fourth quarter. Wiggins made two free throws to make it 94-94 and the Lakers took over from there thanks to Bryants big 3-pointer. Timberwolves guard Zach LaVine said he grew up a fan and reflected on Bryants earlier feat of passing Jordan. Passing Michael Jordan is a big feat. Not many people do that, LaVine said. I mean, like, ever. The Wolves are winless in their past three road games and have a 2-8 ledger as the visitor this season. They are 1-17 when allowing 100-plus points. Minnesota and Washington split a pair of meetings last season and will meet again Feb. 25 in the Twin Cities. The Wizards have won two straight at home versus the T-wolves. ' ' '