Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
making this Minnesotas third trip to the
SANDY, Utah -- A feral second-half attack led to an improbable comeback for the Vancouver Whitecaps. Cheap Yeezy . The Whitecaps scored two goals in the final eight minutes to steal a 2-2 tie at Real Salt Lake on Saturday night. Nicolas Mezquidas first career goal in the 86th minute cut the deficit in half and set the stage for fellow Uruguaian Sebastian Fernandez, who scored in the fourth minute of stoppage time to stun the home crowd and earn the result. Real Salt Lake (3-0-5), the leagues remaining unbeaten team, jumped ahead 2-0 in the games first nine minutes on goals by Joao Plata and Alvaro Saborio. But the Whitecaps (2-2-4) again showed some second-half magic. "Its a get out of jail card, I believe," Vancouver coach Carl Robinson said. "We were 2-0 down and dug ourselves a hole, but we learned from that. Weve shown if we go behind, the games not over." Fernandezs shot from about 40 yards out beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando in the lower right corner of the net. It was a dramatic capper to an unlikely turn of events that began moments earlier when Saborio held possession. The Salt Lake forward dribbled in space near midfield, in what appeared to be the start to an offensive rush that would, if nothing else, run out the games final seconds. But Vancouver defender Steven Beitashour tackled the ball away and to the foot of Fernandez, who scored his second goal of the season. "I got the ball and knew it was going to be one of the last plays of the game," Fernandez said through an interpreter. "I got it, hit it, and it went in." Said Beitashour: "I was on the floor when I saw Seba take it, and hes got a rocket. I think everyone behind him was yelling Shoot! Shoot! I had a good angle from the floor, and that ball moved on (Rimando)." Vancouver, which earned a point for the first time in four games, was stunned by the early deficit and "played fearful" in the first half, according to Robinson. After the break, the Whitecaps sent wave after wave at Rimando, and looked to be a different squad. Robinson went to his bench to provide a spark, sending Fernandez and Mezquida each in shortly after halftime. Vancouvers challenge now comes in finding consistency throughout a full 90 minutes -- a task Robinson acknowledged after the game. "Its a challenge when youve got a group of young players, which is what I have," Robinson said. "They played with fear in the first half. I dont want them to play with fear. I put demands on players because I know how good they can be, but theyve got to start believing. Were touching the surface at the moment." Fake Yeezy . -- Kansas City Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer will be out three to six weeks with a stress fracture of the third finger of his right hand. Replica Yeezy . -- Miguel Angel Jimenez quickly shifted his focus back to the Ryder Cup after winning his first Champions Tour event. https://www.wholesaleyeezyauthentic.com/ . A player confirmed to TSN on the condition of anonymity that he received his ballot yesterday. Another confirms hes been told to expect his shortly. "The unions executive committee insists a strike vote does not mean were pushing away from the table," the player said. "But we want the league to know were serious about our position.TSN2 and TSN GO deliver the culmination of the 2014 NCAA Mens Division I Ice Hockey Championship with coverage of the FROZEN FOUR. TSN subscribers can watch the entire FROZEN FOUR tournament live on TSN GO. Coverage begins with the semifinals tomorrow (Thursday, April 10) at 5 p.m. ET, live on TSN2 and TSN GO. "With its single-elimination bracket format, the NCAA Championship is one of the most exciting events in hockey," said Shawn Redmond, Vice-President, Programming and Marketing, TSN. "The FROZEN FOUR further showcases the growing number of Canadians competing for the biggest titles in college sports, and is the perfect complement to our NCAA coverage that includes NCAA MARCH MADNESS and the all-new COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF." The complete broadcast schedule is as follows:*• Semifinal #1: Union (N.Y.)  vs. Boston College on Thursday, April 10 at 5 p.m. ET on TSN2 and TSN GO• Semifinal #2: Minnesota vs. North Dakota on Thursday, April 10 at 8:30 p.m. ET on TSN.ca and TSN GO. Encore on Friday, April 11 at 2 p.m. ET on TSN2 and TSN GO• Final at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 12 on TSN2 and TSN GO Calling all the games are ESPN lead hockey play-by-play commentator John Buccigross and lead hockey analyst Barry Melrose, with reports froom Quint Kessenich. yeezy black friday. In the first FROZEN FOUR semifinal, Union (N.Y.) takes on NCAA scoring leader Johnny Gaudreau and Boston College, who are seeking their fourth NCAA championship in seven seasons. North Dakota takes on Minnesota in the second semifinal, making this Minnesotas third trip to the FROZEN FOUR since their back-to-back title victories in 2002 and 2003. North Dakota enters the matchup looking for their eighth national title. Craig Buttons Four Thoughts on the FROZEN FOURThe four teams competing in this years FROZEN FOUR feature a combined 40 NHL draft picks. Craig Button, TSNs Director of Scouting, shared his thoughts on four of the top players to watch in the tournament: 1. "Johnny Gaudreau is the real deal – he has been the most dominant player in NCAA hockey since Paul Kariya."2. "There are many exciting prospects to watch, but I would pay extra attention to North Dakota captain Dillon Simpson, an Edmonton Oilers draft pick who grew up in Edmonton."3. "Québec-born Boston College defenceman Mike Matheson has really developed into a force on the blue line."4. "Minnesota goaltender Adam Wilcox has been turning heads with solid performances and some truly great numbers this season." ' ' '