Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CANBERRA, Australia - Uli Stielike didnt hide his displeasure, despite his South Kore
CANBERRA, Australia - Uli Stielike didnt hide his displeasure, despite his South Korea lineup securing an Asian Cup quarterfinal spot with a win over Kuwait. Kyler Murray Youth Jersey .South Korea shrugged off injury and illness concerns off the pitch to beat Kuwait 1-0 on Tuesday night, with Nam Tae-hees first-half header enough to give two-time champion six points from two games in Group A. Australias later 4-0 win over Oman ensured both the Socceroos and South Korea would go through. Those teams will meet Saturday to determine top spot in the group.If we play the way we did today we have no chance against Australia he said, adding that the only good things to emerge from the Kuwait match was that South Korea had enough points to progress to the knockout stage and that we are no longer in the role of favourites for this competition.In a lot of phases in the game, Kuwait was the better team. And the result I think is very, very lucky today, Stielike said. With a performance like today you cannot go far in this tournament.Stielike was forced to make seven changes to the lineup that opened with a 1-0 win over Oman on the weekend. In the biggest of the setbacks before kickoff, team management revealed star winger Lee Chung-yong had fractured his shin bone and was preparing to fly home.In last two days, we had a big, big problem with fever in the team. At the moment, I have only 14 players without problems, he said. As a result ... as you saw today there were a lot of problems with a new team trying to find themselves on the pitch. We had lots of problems in the game — I didnt expect so many problems.Stielike said Son Heung-min developed a fever and had to be taken to hospital on Tuesday morning.Maybe tomorrow more players will be sick, he said. If you have fevers in a group you dont know who will be affected next.Our main objective is now the recuperation of the players in these four days before the game against Australia.Lee, who plays for English club Bolton, was injured in the win over Oman and was diagnosed with a shin fracture on Tuesday. He will return to South Korea on Wednesday.Its a big loss, Stielike said. Every game, he is in the starting lineup. He plays every game for Bolton on the pitch. He has a lot of experience. I saw a lot of sad faces around him when the decision was taken to send him home, but we have to go on.Right-back Kim Chang-soo has also failed to recover from his injury, while attacker Son, midfielder Koo Ja-cheol and goalkeeper Kim Jin-hyun were all removed from the team due to a fever that worsened in the hours before kick-off.The replacements made heavy work of Kuwait, which lost 4-1 to Australia in the tournament opener.The only goal of the game came eight minutes before half-time when Nam headed home a perfect Cha Du-ri cross.The second half was a tough one for the Koreans, on the back foot for the majority of it. A shot from Ali Al Maqseed hit the post early and was a signal for an extended period of Kuwaiti pressure.Despite plenty of possession, pressure and chances, Kuwait couldnt find a way past substitute goalkeeper Kim Seung-gyu and fell out of contention ahead of its last group game against Oman at Newcastle. Zach Allen Youth Jersey . -- Arizona came out of its last meeting with California a bit discombobulated, hurting from its first loss and the loss of forward Brandon Ashley for the rest of the season. Byron Murphy Womens Jersey . The 29-year-old German, the 2011 overall World Cup champion, says she has decided "to end my career now. http://www.thecardinalsshoponline.com/ky...jersey-yp/ . “The fact that he was willing to do the deal the way we wanted it to be done showed that he wanted me to be a part of something great," Lowry said, noting that Ujiri willingness to sign off on the proposal that both Lowry and his agent presented to the GM was the final straw that convinced him to return.As I sit here in Milwaukee waiting for the Raptors last game of the first half of the season to be played tonight, I give you five quick thoughts on areas that the team needs to improve on in the second half. After a wonderful start, its been a rough recent stretch that has exposed some concerns. Nonetheless, overall its been a positive run. In order to reach their potential, here is a little food for thought. 1. DEFENSE: Its been difficult to watch of late and I must say how surprised Ive been with the deterioration from where it was early in the season. This team with much greater effort and attention to detail can be a solid club. Right now, not even close. A quick observation - Dwane Casey had great success in Dallas teaching the zone. This team struggles to guard dribble penetration and protect the paint. Why not a little zone to hide some weak perimeter defenders and change the look on certain possessions? Just a thought. This team concerns me. When their offense goes south, the D has to be able to find ways to win ugly. They havent been able to. Thats what playoff basketball is. 2. TERRENCE ROSS AND AMIR JOHNSON: Are these guys starters at this stage of their respective careers? If yes, then we need much better play. They have been inconsistent and it holds back their unit on occasion. Need greater focus and consistent effort and productivity. Cant be as patient as youd like. 3 OFFENSIVE EXECUTION: Deterioration on this end as well. We saw this during the playoffs against the Nets. When you really guard them and body them with physical force, they wilt under the pressure. This is a good offensive club thats become too nonchalant and individual of late. Player and ball movement is a must and the sscreening and usage can improve. Kyler Murray Jersey. You do that and the turnovers will decrease. 4. HABITS: This is my biggest issue right now. Somewhere along the path from Oct 1 to now this group has taken some shortcuts and its showing now. Seems like this club only plays at optimal level when it feels challenged. The Backs to the Wall mentality they display is terrific, I just dont see it as their daily makeup yet. I look at the best teams and they sustain sound habits and demand the optimum from themselves for long periods. This group can do it. Commitment time. 5. ATLANTIC DIVISION: Congrats! 9.5 games up with 42 to play. Unless you totally screw it up and/or experience multiple injuries, youre going to win back-to-back Division titles. Cool! Heres the question; Are you going to be satisfied with that or is the focus now going to be on being an elite Eastern Conference team? Success has a way of messing with your focus. Do you really want to play a brutal opponent at the fifth seed (Im saying it will be Cleveland - good luck winning that series) even though you have home court as a fourth seed? In the Atlantic, you have three teams in a rebuild mode (Im being kind) and the Nets up for sale and trying to figure out what to do. Great spot to be in to get a top-four seed. Some of its you being good and some of the rest is the other four teams being so lousy. Dont fool yourself. To make next step as a franchise, theyve got to grow to the point that they can compete and win a first round series. How does that happen? Not being satisfied and pushing on to a new and greater challenge. Player internal leadership, professionalism and maturity are a must. This team has good guys. They can do it. Now time to do so. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '