Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mattingly said OF Matt Kemp
NASHVILLE -- The Boston Bruins have dealt with their share of injuries this season. Roberto Alomar Jersey . Still, they always seem to find a way to win. On Monday night, Matt Fraser and Ryan Spooner, two players with 17 NHL games between them this season, and a potent power play led the Bruins to a 6-2 victory over the Nashville Predators that gave Boston coach Claude Julien his 400th career win. "That is something I will look back on after I retire," Julien said. "I prefer to look at how we are going to do the rest of this season." Tuukka Rask, who stopped 32 shots for the victory, was unaware of the milestone. "That is great," Rask said. "Nashville had a lot of chances, especially in the third period. This was a great way for us to go into the break." Reilly Smith scored a power play goal at 10:47 of the first period, one of three for the Bruins. "There is depth in this organization," Smith said. "A lot of teams may have looked past us in the last few games because we have so many guys who arent regulars on the roster like Spooner and Fraser." Fraser scored his first goal of the season at the 5:59 mark of the first period. Spooner added three assists, two on power play goals. "You know, the first couple of games, you get nervous out there," Spooner said. "But now that Ive been playing a solid two-way game Ive just been trying to focus on using my speed to create some chances." The Bruins opened a 3-0 first period lead. But they were mindful that in Nashvilles previous outing with Montreal Saturday night for force overtime. At the 3:25 mark of the third period when Nashvilles Craig Smith scored his second goal of the game to trim the lead to 3-2 it was time for Boston to find a way to retaliate. The answer was the power play which produced two goals in the span of 49 seconds. Jarome Iginla scored first at 5:01, his second goal of the game. At 5:50 Carl Soderberg, who also had a pair of assists, found the net to give the Bruins a 5-2 edge. Brad Marchand closed out the scoring with 4:06 left to play. Reilly Smith, who assisted on Soderbergs goal also had the assist on Marchands goal. The Predators outshot the Bruins 34-33. Nashville coach Barry Trotz was frustrated with the play of his goaltenders, pulling starter Carter Hutton at 5:59 of the first period after he gave up his second goal in four shots. Marek Macanec closed out the game and faced 25 shots. "Once I saw the second goal I had seen enough," Trotz said. "Right now they are going through a little bit of a dry spell," he said. "Its like getting hit with stun gun. But the goalies we have are trying their best, plain and simple." Despite the late rally by the Predators, the Bruins never felt they were losing momentum. "I thought we played well pretty much the entire game," Reilly Smith said. "They had that power play goal and they created a lot of good chances from what they had, but I thought we dominated the game for the most part. "The power play was really clicking because when they jumped back in we were able to shut the door," he said. "Carl did a great job of putting it in the back of the net when he got the opportunity." NOTES: This was the second game in a row that the Predators had been outscored by three goals in the first period. . This was the first meeting between the Predators and Bruins since March 17, 2011. . The Predators have scored eight power play goals in six consecutive games. . Spooner had a season high three assists. . Soderberg recorded two assists for the third time this season and has six points in his last eight games. Terry Kennedy Jersey . Rudy Gay made the tying basket in regulation and a 3-pointer in overtime that gave Sacramento the lead for good, and Fredette scored a career-high 24 points to help the Kings beat the Knicks 106-101 on Wednesday night. Edward Olivares Jersey .com) - Robert Upshaw made a putback jumper to put 17th-ranked Washington ahead with 1:27 remaining in the game and the Huskies held on to beat Eastern Washington 81-77 on Sunday. https://www.cheappadresjerseys.us/893m-d...adres.html . Bookies were offering odds of 13/1 before kickoff that the home team Houston Dynamo would prevail by three goals to nil.SAN DIEGO - Dan Haren finally feels comfortable in Dodger blue. Haren didnt go with the Dodgers to Australia for their season-opening, two-game series against Arizona, so he didnt get his first taste of real action with his new team until he threw six strong innings in a 5-1 victory against the San Diego Padres on Wednesday night. "I feel like part of the team now," Haren said. "I havent done anything up to now. Im just happy that I was able to come through for the guys. "I really wasnt with the team that much," said Haren, who signed as a free agent in late November. "Teams often bond on the road. Theyre in the clubhouse a lot, on the plane or bus, whatever. So I really didnt have that. Im just glad I was able to come through, and Im looking forward to getting back home." While the Dodgers were in Arizona, Haren, their No. 4 starter, pitched in minor league games. "Man, I got my butt kicked in those camp games," he said. "The adrenaline level, theres nobody watching, its dead silence. Its hard to simulate major league innings." Haren retired the first nine batters before Everth Cabrera singled to centre leading off the fourth and eventually scored on Yonder Alonsos one-out single to right. The run was unearned because Seth Smith, batting after Cabrera, reached on catchers interference by A.J. Ellis. Haren (1-0) allowed four hits, struck out seven and walked none. The Dodgers took two of three from the Padres and now play their home opener Friday afternoon against San Francisco. The Dodgers jumped on Tyson Ross (0-1) for three runs in the first inning. Carl Crawford doubled to left-centre and advanced on Yasiel Puigs sacrifice bunt. Puig was safe when Ross throw pulled first baseman Alonso off the bag. Manager Bud Black went out to challenge the play, but umpires determined he didnt do so in a timely manner. Hanley Ramirez doubled to left to bring in both runners and then scored on Adrian Gonzalezs single to centre. Ramirez scored again in the fifth when he walked with one out and eventually came in on Andre Ethiers two-out single to right. Ross allowed fourr runs, three earned, in five innings while striking out seven and walking four. Chris Paddack Jersey. "His stuff was good, he just really couldnt command his fastball early in the game," Black said. "The first two innings, 50-plus pitches. He had to work awfully hard to get those six outs. He had a real tough team getting the ball in the strike zone early. "Haren, on the other hand, was getting the ball in the strike zone early. He was pretty efficient the first three innings." Los Angeles added another run in the eighth against Donn Roach, who was making his big league debut. Roach came on with two outs and allowed singles to Juan Uribe and Ellis, and an RBI double to Dee Gordon. NOTES: The Dodgers put reliever Brian Wilson on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to Monday, with inflammation in the ulnar nerve in his right elbow, and recalled right-hander Jose Dominguez from Triple-A Albuquerque. Manager Don Mattingly said Wilson threw Wednesday and will continue building from there. ... Mattingly said OF Matt Kemp (right ankle surgery) is on track to be activated from the disabled list on Friday. ... RHP Josh Beckett (bruised right thumb) is scheduled to pitch for Class-A Rancho Cucamonga on Friday night as he works his way back from the DL. ... The Padres claimed LHP Bobby LaFromboise off waivers from the Seattle Mariners and optioned him to Triple-A El Paso. To make room on the 40-man roster, the club transferred right-hander Joe Wieland from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day DL. Wieland, still rehabbing from reconstructive elbow surgery, recently had arthroscopic surgery to relieve irritation in the back of his elbow, pushing back his return. Manager Bud Black thinks Wieland can return before the All-Star break. ... Both teams are off Thursday. The Dodgers play their home opener Friday against San Francisco. RHP Ryan Vogelsong is scheduled to make his season debut for the Giants while LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu (1-0) goes for the Dodgers. The Padres are at Miami. The scheduled starters are LHP Eric Stults (season debut) for San Diego and RHP Tom Koehler (season debut) for Miami ' ' '